GOVT. DEGREE COLLEGE, NAGARI, CHITTOOR DIST, AP
JAWAHAR KNOWLEDGE CENTER (JKC)
Dr.R.Venugopal, M.Sc., Ph.D
JKC Co ordinator
Dr. M Revathi
Lecturer in Charge – Dept of English
JKC Guest English Mentor
Mr. R. Lal Basha
JKC Full Time Mentor
The Govt. of Andhra Pradesh initiated JKC in 2005 as a reliable solution to the problem of unemployment faced by students studying non-professional courses in Degree colleges of AP. The ever increasing prominence of India on the global map has paved way for a growing demand for hard working and talented students good in computer skills, communication skills and industry related skills. The doors of global job market are opened to students who can speak fluently, compute quickly, write legibly and analyze logically Jawahar Knowledge Centre’s primary aim is to provide intensive training to students in employable skills and enable students avail themselves of the bright opportunities in the global job market. Remarkably, the centers are best utilized by the poorest of the poor and marginalized sections of the society. Students from rural areas who have no access to advantages experienced by their urban counterparts are provided the latest technologies and opportunities to upgrade their skills and encouraged to compete for better standards of living. The centre received overwhelming response from day one and the encouraging placements add to its strength and objectives.
JKCs established in degree colleges provided with a world class infrastructure and experienced faculty are totally dedicated to students and totally involved in providing the best training to help the students climb the ladder of success. JKC helps students to realize their potential and aim high in life and particularly it motivates and encourages students to be creative, independent and self reliant. JKC Centre helps students in colleges gain confidence and the ability to contribute to the economic and intellectual prosperity of the country.
THE SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF JKC:
- To shape students across the State and make them globally acceptable citizens.
- To promote College – Industry relations through training and placements.
- To provide the best of the opportunities to the students who belong to weaker and marginalized sections.
THE BENIFITS OF JKC:
- Career Awareness/ Planning Workshops
- 250 hours training
- Training Practice on employable skills
- Training by Enabled Faculty/ Industry
- Co- curricular activities to enhance Communication and Soft skills
- Campus Placement with Major MNCs
- Industry Orientation
|Name of the Module
Communication Skills-60 Hrs
Soft Skills- 30 Hrs
Highly qualified mentors from different fields were selected for uninterrupted JKC Activity.
JKC provides quality study material, prepared by the expert committee to all registered students. JKC main aim is to provide solution to the problem unemployment faced by the students studying degree courses.
- JKC imparts requisite skills relevant for dynamic job market and to enable students to seize employment opportunities. It provides latest technologies to the students from marginalize sections of the society and to encourage them to compete with their urban counterparts.
- JKC helps students realize their potential and aim high in life and to motivate students to be creative, independent and self-reliant. It provides adequate knowledge and ensure empowerment of girl students by providing job skills.
- JKC conducts job fairs and campus recruitment drives to facilitate the placement of trained students. Feedback and grievance are collected from time to time regarding the training program for successful rectification of problems encountered by students.
- Students are benefited by acquiring job related skills, access to excellent resources, exposure to real time projects, compare to environment for faster growth and campus placement opportunities. College acquires reputation and enrich academic environment.
- JKC provides quality study material, prepared by the expert committee to all registered students. JKC main aim is to provide solution to the problem unemployment faced by the students studying degree courses.
MAJOR SECTORS OF PLACEMENT:
- Banking & Finance
- Tele callers – BPO
- Industrial Sectors
THE HISTORY OF JKC:
Jawahar Knowledge Centres are excellent finishing schools instituted in 2005 by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh with a mission to provide employment opportunities to the students in Govt. Degree colleges of the State. Later this program has been extended to a few private aided and unaided colleges throughout the state.
JKC has the unique capacity for building and enhancing employability skills and it focuses on increasing communication and soft skills, computer and technical skills of the students to match them with the rising competition in the world.
for more details click here